Friday, August 28, 2009

Eggy Deliciousness



That's what I'm calling this. Sooo. good.

Home sick the other day, I caught an episode of At Home Italian with Giada De Laurentiis. She made a super easy recipe that would be good any time of the day: Lemon and Basil Eggs over Foccacia. It looked so delicious that I asked the hubby to pick up a loaf of bread on the way home. I needed to make this recipe!

I didn't really pay attention to the exact measurements she used (again, I was home sick) so I just went with it. I used a loaf of Italian Bread as that was what Joe brought home and it worked out fine. We had major trouble NOT eating the whole loaf! Very easy and tasty!

Lemon and Basil Eggs over Foccacia

1 loaf of bread (Italian works fine)
3 eggs
5 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbsp. olive oil mixed with 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. milk
basil leaves, chopped

Using a serrated knife, cut into the loaf of bread, removing the "top". Pull out some of the middle of the loaf to create a bowl. Chop and set aside the removed bread parts.

Brush the olive oil around the inside of the bread bowl and bake for 5 minutes at 350. Set aside the bread to cool.

Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cheese, milk, and basil together. Add bread bits and mix well. Put the egg mixture into the bread bowl and bake for 50 minutes at 350.

Eat immediately!




No comments: