Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shrimp Lettuce Wraps

Joe is out of town this week to take the Bar (good luck P!) so I thought I would make something quick and easy for dinner the other night. I was a bit under the weather and didn't feel like grocery shopping. I had some frozen veggies and some shrimp in the fridge. Time for lettuce wraps!

Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
about 10 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
10 baby carrots, roughly chopped
1/2 c. green peppers, diced (I use frozen because they are waaayyy cheaper)
1 c. bean sprouts (I used canned)
1 package snow peas (again, frozen)
1/2 head of Boston lettuce, washed and dried
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1/4 c. Soy Sauce
1/4 c. Teryaki Sauce
Pepper to taste

Sautee the vegetables in the canola oil for about 5 minutes, or until the peppers are defrosted and crispy.





I then put the veggies into the mini food prep and chopped them up. They went back into the pan while I chopped up the raw shrimp. I added the shrimp to the veggies and allowed them to cook.








Add soy and teriyaki sauces and cook until shrimp is pink. Serve with a side of soy sauce. Enjoy!
Serves two.




No comments: