Friday, June 12, 2009

Just give me 10 minutes...

That's right. 10 minutes. That's how long it took to prepare dinner the other night. From opening the package of meat to the dinner table- 10 minutes. Here's how:


I worked late the other night and was very hungry by the time I got home. I decided to make a version of a stuffed steak I used to see years ago. I don't think the original called for flank steak, but that's what I had, so that's what I used. Also, Joe hates blue cheese, so I nixed that as well. Turned out great.

I took a 1 pound flank steak and butterflied it:



Yes, there were a few holes, but they didn't really matter.

Then, I layered about 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese all over. On top of the cheese went fresh baby spinach. I put a few handfulls, whatever fit on top of the steak.




I would have put green onions on top, but I grow chives in my garden so I chopped up about 3 tsp. worth and added them in.Finally, I layered on 1/2 c. grated Mozzarella cheese.




I then rolled the whole thing up and used skewers to hold it in place. I rubbed Montreal Grill Steak Seasoning around the outside and sliced the steak between the skewers. I sliced them unevenly, as Joe likes his steak more rare than I do. This way, I can cook them all at once.



I used two skewers to hold together the pieces that had small holes in them. Lastly, I coated the steaks in olive oil.






They took only a few minutes to grill! I served them with corn and a quick salad.
Yummy!!

No comments: