Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fettucini Alfredo



Sorry that it's been awhile since my last post. I haven't had the time to try new recipes. But, last night, I managed to try a recipe that I've had bookmarked for months. But first, a little background:

One of my favorite places to eat is EPCOT at Walt Disney World. Almost every meal I've had at the different restaurants in the World Showcase is delicious. One of my favorite restaurants there has always been L'Originale Alfredo di Roma in the Italy pavilion. L'Originale Alfredo di Roma (in Rome, Italy) was the birthplace of Fettucini Alfredo. Alfredo's brother then came to the US and opened it's sister restaurant in EPCOT. Needless to say, the fettucini Alfredo there is...amazing. I don't even like standard fettucini Alfredo. But at Alfredo's, the fettucini was simple, rich, divine. I always wanted to try other meals there, but each time I went with the fettucini alfredo. When Alfredo's di Roma left the Italy pavilion this year, I swore that I would perfect the recipe myself at home. I was not going to go without this delicious pasta forever!

As it turned out, I didn't need to. All of the restaurants at the Walt Disney World are happy to give out their recipes. A quick Google search would return a plethora of web sites devoted to Disney recipes. My favorite is here. I finally got to it and made the pasta last night for dinner. It was so easy. I felt foolish for waiting so long to make this! It was delicious, and I will definitely make it again. I cooked some shrimp in butter to serve with the pasta. The two went well together, but I would serve the pasta alone as well. It's very filling! It's not exactly "low-fat" so I would also make this sparingly! ;)

This sauce makes your kitchen smell delicious, causing my little Oliver to wait very patiently for a taste!




Fettucini Alfredo from L'Originale Alfredo di Roma

1 lb. fettucini (I used Linguine,as I didn't have fettuccine at home)

1 c. Pulgra butter, unsalted
1/2 c. grated Parmigianno Regianno Cheese

Prepare pasta according to directions. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once butter is melted, stir in the grated cheese. Allow the mixture to cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes, or until pasta is done. Drain pasta and place into the sauce. Mix well and serve. Garnish with freshly cracked pepper.

Serves 4

No comments: