Wednesday, June 25, 2008

In a Chocolate State of Mind...


Last night, my father-in-law came over for dinner. He's a great eater, not picky at all, and appreciative of anything you make. He is also a fan of home cooked meals. So, I made Shephard's Pie. Although this dish is not elegant or challenging, it is tasty and I love it!

But...later, after my hearty meal had digested, I got that urge. I needed something chocolate. My mind immediately went to the jar of Nuetella that was in the pantry and the bunch of bananas in the fruit bowl. It was time for crepes.

Though I love crepes, I don't make them too often. I'm not even sure of when I last made them. After rummaging around my notebook, I found this recipe, a mixture of about 10 different recipes I had seen before. I prepared the batter, then let it sit for 45 minutes before making the crepes. Nuetella and bananas for the filling totally hit the spot.

No comments: